18 Dec Year In Review 2018
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year
What a year this was from winning some great awards for designing and building some really wonderful projects to meeting many great new clients. We really want to thank all our clients, past and current for working with us. We also like to thank all our subs who take the time to do the best job they can.
We had some pretty exciting things happen this year. We won:
- 2 Oregon Home Structure and Style awards for best remodel
- 3 NARI COTY 2018 Awards for Residental Interior Over 150,000, Residential Kitchen 30,000 and Residential Addition Under 100,000
We are really proud of these awards!
We added a new employee this year. His name is Ian and you can see him driving around job sites gathering and delivering material. You may also see him framing or demoing a house.
Favorite Blogs of 2018
As we take a look on the blog posts from the last year I found three that really stuck out to me:
Memorable Projects of 2018
As we look back over the year on the projects we did, I put together a few that had some unique aspects to them.
- Bald Peak Kitchen – With this kitchen, we used white subway tile with shaker style cabinets and Pental countertops. We added a coffee bar, wine bar, steam oven instead of a microwave, and a pot filler. New lighting complemented a huge skylight in the middle of the kitchen. We also installed a custom beam to add light fixtures throughout the kitchen.
- Hillsboro Bathroom – We added a brick wall next to the 4×4 all glass shower. The shower has a rock inlay on the floor along with a custom shampoo niche. The vanity cabinet was from the Pottery Barn. The tile floor is beautiful porcelain.
Our client wanted a rustic but modern look in the bonus room/ bathroom. This remodeled bathroom has a little bit of country and sophisticated style all in one!
- West Linn Kitchen – We updated the majority of the main floor, focusing on the kitchen and living room. In the kitchen, we removed the walls and created a new layout. The new “L” shaped kitchen with an island creates so much more usable space. Then we installed hardwoods throughout the main level.
Top Trends of 2018
Trends come and go but I think a few are here to stay for a while.
Lately, shiplap has become a popular choice for interior finishes too, thanks to its rustic charm and subtle texture. Whether you choose to use real, honest-to-goodness shiplap in your interior project or fake the look by applying MDF boards to your drywall. It’s a great way to add a little character to any room.
If you own a home built before the 1920s, and the roof was originally framed with large beams and rafters, your dream of dramatic exposed ceiling beams may be waiting overhead. Because the beams are already a part of the structure, you can usually remove the dropped ceiling and restore the beams.
Sliding barn doors transform a boring old doorway into a new country chic feel.
What’s Coming in 2019?
Cornerstone Builders has more plans to try and win some fun awards in 2019 with some amazing projects we plan on building. Keep an eye out for new kitchens, bathrooms, and addition in 2019.
If you’re planning on a remodel and design in 2019 please contact us we would be happy to help!