12 Nov Certified Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeler
Certified Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeler
Cornerstone Builders, Inc. is proud to have Allen Tankersley preparing for the CKBR exam coming this June. With years in the field of Remodeling, certifications are a natural part of continuing education. “The commitment to education is the one thing that all successful contractors have in common”. Michael Stone, author Markup and Profit, A Contractor’s Guide.
The Oregon Remodelers Association, http://www.oregonremodelers.org/, established in 1952, is the only trade association in Oregon dedicated exclusively to the residential remodeling industry. The local ORA office holds the training classes and gives the certification testing for this exam and many others including the Certified Remodeler exam, which Allen achieved in 2009. “I’m not in it (class) as much for the certification as I am for the education. Education is something you really can’t buy; you can pay for classes, but if you learn nothing it is all wasted money”, says Allen Tankersley, President of Cornerstone Builders, in Beaverton.
Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR)
NARI Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodelers (CKBRs) provide remodeling services specific to kitchens and bathrooms. To become a CKBR, candidates must possess skills and knowledge focused on the requirement of materials, layout, and installation of kitchens and bathrooms.
To qualify for the CKBR designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be employed by or own a firm engaged in remodeling kitchens and bathrooms
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Have completed 4 kitchens and/or bathrooms per year
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a one-day written examination on business, construction, and remodeling practices related to kitchen and bathrooms
- Submit all required application materials and fees