16 Nov Holidays In Portland
There are so many fun things to do in Portland during the Christmas season, including holiday light displays, community events, and Christmas music of all kinds. Here are some recommendations for fun Christmas events in and around Portland.
The Oregon Zoo. From downtown, take highway 26 (the Sunset highway) and follow the signs.
Zoo members at the Plus level or higher receive free admission and a discount on the train ride.
- Includes admission plus train ride
- Adults (12 to 64) $10.75
- Seniors (65 and over) $9.25
- Children (3 to 11) $7.75
- Infants 2 & under Free
Portland Christmas Ships
(My family’s favorite) Portland’s Christmas Ship Parade is an annual event on the Columbia and Willamette rivers. The parade includes an average of 50-60 boats decked out in holiday lights each night. The Portland Christmas Ship Parade can be viewed from a number of different public parks, bridges, and other locations.
Learn more about the event and how you can see it this year:
The Grotto Christmas Festival of Lights
The Grotto, a 62-acre Catholic Shrine and botanical garden in Portland, puts on a fantastic and moving Christmas Festival of Lights each year.
Do you like enjoying Christmas lights from the comfort of your own car?
The Winter Wonderland at the Portland International Raceway is the place for you. You can drive through a light show that includes over 250 colorful displays and 40 fully-animated scenes.
Beaverton Holiday Open House & Christmas Tree Lighting
December 2, 2016
- Meet with Santa and Mrs. Claus!
- Enjoy festive music by the Beaverton Staff Choir and the Beaverton Community Band.
- Participate in holiday games, arts and crafts.
- Join Mayor Doyle at 7 p.m. to unveil new bright and colorful decorations during the Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- At 7:30 p.m. the Beaverton Civic Theatre presents “Sorry! Wrong Chimney!” in the Beaverton Library Auditorium. Tickets are $5 with a donation of a new, unwrapped toy. General admission is $15.
To ensure the safety of pedestrians, SW 5th Street between SW Hall Boulevard and SW Watson Avenue will be closed from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
We hope you and your family can enjoy these fun holidays events and make great memories!